Your privacy is important to Phillips & Temro Industries (“PTI” or “we”) as is your trust in PTI’s products and services. We want you to know that the information you share with us will be treated with care. This Privacy Statement addresses what personal information we collect and how we handle the personal information shared with us.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information we obtain from and about individuals interacting with PTI and its websites, products and services. It does not apply to personal information we obtain in our capacity as an employer. This Privacy Statement covers all PTI controlled subsidiaries and affiliates. Certain products and services may be subject to other privacy statements independently or in combination with this Privacy Statement and should be reviewed by the consumer, for example mobile applications may have separate privacy statements, as described in the Mobile Applications section below.
Key points of our information practices
|Collection||We may collect information about you and your vehicle, such as name, address, email address, phone number, vehicle identification number (VIN) and vehicle performance data through your use of our products or services. See below for additional information.|
|Use||We may use your information to provide products and services to maintain customer relationships for safety and product research purposes, to provide customer and product support and service, and for marketing See below for additional information.|
|Sharing||We may share your information as required by law, within PTI, with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and third-party service providers. See below for additional information.|
|Choices||You have choices regarding how we use and share your information for marketing and other purposes. See below for additional information.|
|Mobile Applications||PTI has developed mobile applications that you may download to your mobile device. When you download a PTI Application, there may be an opportunity for you to provide us with or for us to obtain information about you and your vehicle. See below for additional information.|
|Third Party Products and Services||Through the use of PTI products, services, and applications, you may be able to access third party services, applications and websites that are not covered by this Privacy Statement. See below for additional information.|
|PTI Distributors/Dealers||PTI distributors and dealers are separate legal entities with their own privacy practices. For questions about your distributors privacy practices, please contact your dealer directly. See below for additional information.|
|Access & Update||You may have access to and update your information by contacting us directly at email@example.com|
|California Privacy Rights||California residents have certain rights regarding the personal information we disclose to third parties for their own marketing purposes. See below for additional information.|
|Security Measures||We maintain reasonable and adequate security controls to protect your information and require our service providers to do the same. See below for additional information.|
|Data Retention||We keep information for as long as necessary to provide our products and services, operate our business, and comply with legal obligations. See below for additional information.|
|Children’s Privacy||PTI does not target or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.|
|International Data Transfers||We maintain appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by law for international data transfers. See below for additional information.|
|Blogs & Forums||We provide the capacity for users to post information in forums for sharing information in a public space. This information is publicly available to all users of these forums. PTI is not responsible for Personal Information users elect to disclose. See below for additional information.|
|Contact PTI||If you have concerns or questions regarding PTI’s consumer privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, please contact us at 800-328-6108 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Changes to Privacy Statement||We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will do so by posting additions or modifications to this page. See below for additional information.|
As you interact with PTI, subsidiaries and affiliates, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about you or your vehicle or equipment as further described below.
We also receive information about you through product records and applications provided by you or from PTI affiliates, distributors, dealers and other sources, such as companies that provide lists of potential product purchasers, if such companies are permitted to share your information with us pursuant to their privacy statements. We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Privacy Statement, including third-party sources, with information you provide and use or share it for the purposes identified under “Use” below.
The types of information that PTI collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, email address and telephone number)
- payment information (such as your credit card number, CVV code and expiration date)
- information about your vehicle (such as license plate number, vehicle identification number (VIN), make, model, model year, selling dealer, servicing dealer, date of purchase or lease, the lease/financing term, service history, mileage, oil/battery status, fuel or charging history, electrical system function, gear status, and diagnostic trouble codes)
- information about your connected devices (such as mobile phone, computer, or tablet) and how you interact with our products, services, apps and websites (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying and usage information
- marketing profile information (such as what product(s) you are interested, purchased, or placed an inquiry)
- photographs and videos such as those that you may submit for testimonials and social sharing
- relationships you have with PTI in addition to the purchase and servicing of your product
The information PTI collects about you, your vehicle, or equipment may be used:
- to provide products and services and maintain customer relationships
- to improve the quality, safety, and security of our products and services
- to administer your account(s) and process your payments for products and services
- to operate our websites and applications, including online registration processes
- to facilitate and support PTI dealer and supplier programs
- to develop new products and services
- to provide customer and product support and service (such as recall information)
- for warranty administration and validation
- to provide information and product updates
- to evaluate vehicle and product performance and safety
- for research, evaluation of use, and troubleshooting purposes
- for marketing and analytics purposes
- to customize and improve communication content
- to comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements
Communications with you in connection with these uses may be via mail, telephone, e-mail, text message, social media and other electronic messages.
PTI may share the information it collects about you, your vehicle, and equipment in the following instances:
- within PTI, and our controlled subsidiaries and affiliates
- with our services providers who work on our behalf and who do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them
- with our business partners for PTI marketing activities, business partner marketing activities or both
- in connection with the sale, transfer or financing of a significant part of a PTI business or its assets, including any such activities associated with a bankruptcy proceeding
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request
- as required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process
Apart from the purposes listed above, PTI will not share information about you, your vehicle and equipment with other third parties for their independent use without your prior consent.
If you do not want to receive marketing communications from PTI, please contact our customer service representatives at 1-800-328-6108 or email email@example.com This will allow you to opt-out of unsolicited marketing telephone and email communications.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications from PTI, your personal information will not be used for marketing, but may still be used for the other purposes described in this Privacy Statement (such as product support and service).
If you have subscribed to a particular email or other communication you should follow the instructions in the email or on a related website to unsubscribe.
We place pixel tags and web beacons in our emails to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email and any URL accessed through our email message.
To measure site activity, provide a better user experience, and tailor our marketing communications, we or our service providers or business partners may compile information from the cookies, pixel tags, web beacons or other technologies on our websites. This information may be combined with other information collected online or offline about you, including data provided by third party sources, and may be used or shared for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. We may also allow third party advertising and personalization partners to use this information to develop personalized content and appropriate advertising based on your visits over time on PTI web sites. This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns or to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you across your devices.
PTI has developed certain mobile applications that you may download to your mobile device or desktop. When you download a PTI Application, there may be an opportunity for you to provide us with or for us to obtain information about you or your vehicle.
Third Party Services, Applications and Websites
Through the use of PTI products, services, and applications, you may be able to access third party services, applications and websites not controlled by PTI or covered by this Privacy Statement, such as distributors, co-branded websites offered in conjunction with a business partner, or independent product review sites. We recommend that you carefully review the Privacy Statement of other third party services, applications and websites before providing any personal information.
PTI and PTI distributors/dealers are separate legal entities with their own privacy practices. For questions about your distributor/dealer’s privacy practices including opting out of marketing communications from your distributor/dealer, please contact your distributor/dealer directly.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident you have the right to request information from PTI regarding the manner in which PTI shares certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to PTI at its designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information PTI disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by calling 800-328-6108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safeguarding Your Information
We maintain reasonable and adequate technical, administrative, and physical security and confidentiality measures designed to help protect your information from unauthorized access or acquisition. We also require that third party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information also undertake to provide such security and confidentiality measures in accordance with industry standards.
The transmission of information via the internet can never be guaranteed to be completely secure. PTI will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site. Any transmissions of data is made at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
We may keep the information we collect for as long as necessary to provide products or services to you, to operate our business, to enable us to communicate with you, for our safety, research, evaluation of use, or troubleshooting purposes, or to satisfy our legal or contractual obligations. Where required, we will anonymize or dispose of the information we collect when we no longer need it for the uses described above.
International Data Transfers
PTI and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates, comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information.
We store your information in the United States, the European Economic Area (EEA), and other locations where we or our service providers maintain servers. With respect to such transfers from the EEA to the United States and other non-EEA jurisdictions, we comply with GDPR requirements.
Blogs & Forums
PTI supports third party widgets such as but not limited to Facebook and Twitter buttons on the website and marketing material that allow users to share articles and other information on different platforms. These widgets may collect your IP address, which pages you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the widgets to function properly. Your interactions with these widgets are not governed by PTI’s privacy statement.
Updates to This Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will do so by posting additions or modifications to this page.
Effective date: May 2018
Last modified: May 2018