Eden Prairie, MN / Louisville, KY (February 25, 2015) As snow, sleet and freezing rain continue to pelt much of the U.S., Phillips & Temro Industries (PTI) will take the chill off during the Mid-American Trucking Show, the largest trucking industry event in the world, taking place March 26 – 28, 2015 in Louisville, KY. PTI, a global OEM and aftermarket provider of custom engineered thermal systems and solutions for trucking, automotive, oil and gas, off-road and EV/hybrid vehicles, will demonstrate its cold weather products for diesel trucks in booth #12057.
Cold weather and diesel engines present some unique challenges, but PTI has been keeping drivers moving and warm for over 90 years with its Arctic Fox Hydraulic Fluid Warmers, Hotline® Electric In-Line Fuel Heaters; Zerostart and Temro branded cold weather starting products including Immersion Block Heaters, Oil Pan Heaters and Battery Warmers; and PTI’s newest brands – the Idle Free Systems Electric Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) and Heat System for Work Trucks.
- Arctic Fox Hydraulic Fluid Warmers and Hotline® Electric In-Line Fuel Heaters Heating hydraulic fluid prior to operating equipment not only increases productivity because workers don’t have to wait around, but also warm hydraulic fluid reduces pump wear and decreases the chances of pump cavitation and expense associated with blown seals that can result in unnecessary down time.In-Line fuel warming is a proven, cost effective method of providing protection against downtime due to fuel gelling. Arctic Fox In-Line Fuel Heaters provide the margin of safety necessary in moderate cold weather temperatures. For extremely cold weather operation, combining them with In-Tank Fuel Warmers provide additional protection.
- Zerostart Block Heaters, Oil Pan Heaters and Battery Warmers Immersion block heaters reduce engine wear by up to 50 percent. Warming the engine to achieve heat balance ensures a reliable start in cold weather conditions. Heat is also available more quickly to the passenger compartment.Oil Pan Heaters are designed to maintain oil viscosity in extreme environments. The heater is operated using AC power and can be used in either gas or diesel engines. Oil Pan Heaters can be used alone or in conjunction with other heating aids such as block heaters.
Battery Warmers increase available cold cranking amps, reduce charge time and extend battery life.
- Idle Free Electric Auxiliary Power Unit The Idle Free Electric APU is the most complete idle elimination system on the market today. The only electric APU capable of meeting drivers’ needs without relying on the truck’s starting batteries. Unique to the Idle Free Electric APUs is its ability to be powered three ways:
- An independent battery bank consisting of four AGM batteries
- Shorepower, which is standard on every Idle Free system, allows drivers unlimited runtime
- Reefer Link ® Idle Free’s proprietary, patented technology powered by the reefer. Idle Free is the only APU on the market that can be powered by the reefer. When connected, drivers will have unlimited runtime for the system.
The Idle Free APUs use a cooolant heater as a fully integrated component of the system providing heat for both the cab/bunk as well as pre-heating the engine block.
- Idle Free Systems’ Heat System for Work Trucks
The Idle Free Systems Heat System for Work Trucks provides up to eight hours of interior cab heat with the truck engine turned off. Unnecessary workday idling is eliminated, which Argonne National Laboratory reports consumes more fuel than overnight truck idling. The Work Truck No Idle Heat System, ideal for any municipal DOT, delivery, vocational and utility truck, uses a coolant heater to provide engine heat and interior cab heat. Additionally the system provides 12-volt electrical power for work truck functions, such as running lights or communication systems. An Engine Start Module (ESM), similar to an ultracapacitor, is fully integrated into the system and part of the unique design of the system can start the truck even if the truck batteries are dead.
About Phillips and Temro
Phillips and Temro Industries (PTI) is a global OEM and aftermarket provider of custom engineered thermal systems and solutions. Trucking, automotive, off-road, oil and gas and EV/hybrid are just a few of the diverse markets that benefit from PTI’s heating, cooling, and electrification solutions. PTI manages the entire process from concept design, prototyping and testing to delivery with a focus on quality. PTI’s portfolio of technologies is an amalgamation of brands, including ZeroStart, Temro, Arctic Fox, Idle Free and TruFlo.